3.28.2011

Declare Yourself



Please check out http://www.declaremagazine.com/ :]
I have to have an internship this summer for a scholarship I have at my college, and I found this internship and it's completely virtual, so I can be wherever I want this summer!

I get the opportunity to write about fashion, which is QUITE wonderful :] If only it was a paid internship, but alas, not everything can be so perfect. hahaa. Hopefully I will have an article up there soon, and I should be writing stuff almost every day starting in May! Woot!
Anywho... at the moment, I am procrastinating studying for a Western Civ exam that I have tomorrow. Starting to get kind of anxious about it, but I am SO burnt out on this class! I'm an English major for goodness sake, I am content reading Wuthering Heights (which I am right now as a matter of fact) and writing 3 to 4 page essays... I don't need anymore information on the Franco-Prussian War or the fall of the Tsarist regime. I have always loved history, but dang does this professor make it boring... Speaking of Wuthering Heights, which renews my obsession for learning about the life of the Bronte sisters (don't judge my English-major-nerdiness), I am also reminded of the clothing of this era, which is the time of Queen Victoria. While high collars and multiple layers of undergarments were the norm, I keep in mind the pastel and cream colors, the lace, and of course I just imagine beautiful little silhouette brooches :] The aforementioned items are ones that I have been rather addicted to since they all went through a "trendy" period about a year or so ago. I bought this pastel pink lace-y skirt and paired it with a necklace I had made out of an antique clip-on earring that looks like an old-style silhouette brooch. I am still very much in love with that whole look - even though I'm sure my redheaded-self shouldn't wear too many pale pieces of clothing... Oh well, I shall obsess nonetheless and imagine Catherine Earnshaw in her Victorian dresses and such. Sorrry.. just another English reference. :]

- Lil

No comments:

Post a Comment